Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Reflection #1

I am very excited to learn about more ways to implement technology into my classroom. 
I already use several forms of technology in different ways, but I want it to be more student-centered.  I don't think I'm ready to move completely to a flipped classroom, but I like several ideas from it.

I can lead in how to use iPads in the classroom in ways that are not just educational games. I can also help in brainstorming best practices for schools who allow students to bring their own technology.  Our school is a B.Y.O.T school, which has given me personal experience on what can work and what cannot work.

I would like more time in exploring, as a math teacher, how to become almost always having a student-centered classroom.  In my mind, it just seems so difficult to completely become student-centered classroom in math.  To completely give up giving direct instruction to students who are 12-14 years old seems extremely difficult.

I am also always up for hearing new apps that work for student engagement, classroom tools, and ones that enhance mathematical skills based on 8th grade standards. I am an App Master in the school and am 1 of 6 teachers who are required to maintain an iPad cart, keep them up to date with current apps, and help other teachers incorporate the technology into their classrooms.

1 comment: